Before you begin to use Google Tag Manager, create a container and embed it in your website's HTML source as explained below.
- Create a new container of "Web" type.
- Copy the provided code snippet for Tag Manager installation.
- Open your Webasyst backend, navigate to Site app's "Design" screen.
- Click to view "Templates" and open file index.html.
- In that file's source code, find the line with the opening <BODY> tag and add special Smarty tag right after that line:
- Paste the copied Tag Manager code snippet between these two tags and save the file.
Done! The Tag Manager is now installed on your site. Go back to your Google account and continue the setup. Read more about setting up and using Google Tag Manager.