In the Team app, you can view and manage calendar events stored in your Google account, without leaving the Webasyst backend. To do so, connect an external Google calendar as described below.
Install Google calendar plugin: in Team app backend, open “Plugins” section and install the plugin in one click.
Plugin setup & Google API
This setup is needed to be completed only once. After that, all users of the Team app in your Webasyst backend will be able to connect their personal external calendars from their Google accounts.
Open the plugin settings and complete fields “Client ID” and “Client secret”. To do so, register an application in Google developer console as described below:
- Open the Google Developer Console.
- Click on the project selector at the page top.
- Create a new project.
- Click on “New project”.
- Enter any project name—just to distinguish it from other projects that you may have in your Google account.
- Open “API Library” section and enter “Calendar API” in the search field. Select “Google Calendar API”.
- Enable this API.
- Click on “Create credentials”.
- Select the following values:
- Which API are you using: Google Calendar API
- What data will you be accessing: User data
- App name: Arbitrary app name; e.g., ”Webasyst Team”. Select your support email address and enter an email address that should be used to contact the developer, i.e. yourself.
Click on “Save and continue”.
- Application type: Web application.
- Name: Arbitrary name; e.g., the default one.
- Authorized redirect URIs: Copy the value of “Authorized redirect URIs” field in “Google calendar” plugin settings in Team ap. Нажмите на кнопку «Create».
- Click on “Done”.
- Click the name of the just created client.
- Copy displayed values “Client ID” and “Client secret”, and paste them into the appropriate fields in “Google calendar” plugin settings.
- Save plugin settings.
- Publish the app the Google console’s section “OAuth consent screen” using the PUBLISH APP button.
Connecting an external calendar in personal Webasyst profile
In order to make the connection of external calendars available to users of your Webasyst backend, first set up the Google calendar plugin and Google API as described above.
- To connect an external calendar, open your profile page in Webasyst backend, click “Personal calendar settings” under the calendar table, and select “Add external calendar” in the pop-up area.
- Select “Google calendar” from the available list and confirm your choice. If you are not authorized on Google website, you will be offered to do so.
- Select the desired calendar integration level:
- import only
- import + export of changes and deletions
- full data synchronization
Confirm your choice and wait until data are fully loaded from an external Google calendar into your Webasyst account.
Done! Start working with calendar events, which are now synchronized with the data from your Google calendar in accordance with the selected integration level.