In Team app, you can view and manage calendar events stored in your Google account, without leaving Webasyst backend. To do so, connect an external Google calendar as described below.
Install “Google calendar” plugin: in Team app backend, open “Plugins” section and install the plugin with one click.
Setting up plugin and Google API
This setup is needed to be completed only once. Upon its completion, all users of the Team app in your Webasyst backend will be able to connect their personal external calendars from their Google accounts.
Once the plugin in installed, open its settings and complete fields “Client ID” and “Client secret”. To do so, register an application in Google developer console:
- From plugin settings screen, follow the link to the Developer Console.
- Click the project selector.
- Create a new project.
Enter any project name—just to distinguish it from other projects that you may have in your Google account.
- Open “Library” section.
- Search APIs by “Calendar” query. Select “Google Calendar API” in search results.
- Enable this API.
- Click “Create credentials”.
- On 1st step, select the following values:
- Which API are you using: Google Calendar API
- Where will you be calling the API from: Web server (e.g., node.js, Tomcat)
- What data will you be accessing: User data
Copy the value of “Authorized redirect URIs” field in “Google calendar” plugin settings. Paste it to the corresponding field on this 2nd setup step.
You may keep the “Name” field value unchanged or edit it as you like. It will be visible only to you and may be useful for future reference.
- Click “Done”.
- Click the name of the just created client.
- Copy displayed values “Client ID” and “Client secret”, and paste them into the appropriate fields in “Google calendar” plugin settings.
- Save plugin settings.
Connecting an external calendar in personal Webasyst profile
- To connect an external calendar, open your profile page in Webasyst backend, click “Personal calendar settings” under the calendar table, and select “Add external calendar” in the pop-up area.
- Select “Google calendar” from the available list and confirm your choice. If you are not authorized on Google website, you will be offered to do so.
- Select the desired calendar integration level:
- import only
- import + export of changes and deletions
- full data synchronization
Confirm your choice and wait until data are fully loaded from an external Google calendar into your Webasyst account.