In the Team app, you can view and manage calendar events stored in your Outlook.com account, without leaving Webasyst backend. To do so, connect an external Outlook.com calendar as described below.
Open the Team → Plugins section and install the Outlook.com calendar plugin.
Setting up plugin and a Microsoft application
This setup must be completed only once. When it’s done, all users of the Team app in your Webasyst backend will be able to connect personal external calendars from their Microsoft accounts.
- Open the Team → Plugins section and open the Outlook.com calendar plugin’s settings.
- Use the link in plugin settings screen to proceed to the application registration page.
- Click the Add an app in the Azure portal button.
- Sign in on the Azure portal. If you have no account there, sign up first.
- Click the New registration button.
- In the Name field enter any app name; e.g., “Webasyst Team”.
For the “Who can use this application or access this API?” setting select the “Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory - Multitenant) and personal Microsoft accounts (e.g. Skype, Xbox)” option.
For the “Redirect URI” select the “Web” option and paste the “Redirect URI” field’s value from Team app plugin’s settings into the adjacent text field.
Click the Register button.
- On the following page copy the Application (client) ID value and paste it to the Application ID field in the plugin settings.
- Click on the Add a certificate or secret link.
- On the following page click on New client secret.
- Select the desired secret expiration period and enter any comprehensible desription for yourself. Then click on Add.
- Copy the text under the Value header and paste it into the Application secret field.
- Open the Manage → API permissions section. Click on Add a permission.
- Click on Microsoft Graph.
- Select Delegated permissions.
- Select the following permissions:
Click on Add permissions.
- Save the Team app plugin’s settings.
Connecting an external calendar in personal Webasyst profile
In order to make the connection of external calendars available to users of your Webasyst backend, first set up the Outlook.com calendar plugin and a Microsoft application as described above.
- To connect an external calendar, open your profile page in Webasyst backend, click “Personal calendar settings” under the calendar table, and select “Add external calendar” in the pop-up area.
- Select “Outlook.com calendar” from the available list and confirm your choice. If you are not authorized on Microsoft website, you will be offered to do so.
- Select the desired calendar integration level:
- import only
- import + export of changes and deletions
- full data synchronization
Confirm your choice and wait until data are fully loaded from an external Outlook.com calendar into your Webasyst account.
Done! Start working with calendar events, which are now synchronized with the data from your Outlook.com calendar in accordance with the selected integration level.