If you have several websites, then you have to set up authorization separately for each site.
- Install an SSL certificate for your website’s domain name.
If your domain name is linked to Webasyst Cloud, order a certificate via the Cloud app or in your Customer Center.
- Sign up for an account in Facebook.
- Open the Facebook app management page.
- Click “Add a New App”.
- Type any app name and your email address. Click “Create App ID”.
- Upon saving, you will be redirected to the app management page. In section “Products → Add Product” click “Facebook Login → Set Up”.
- A setup wizard will start. Skip it by going directly to “Products → Facebook Login → Settings”.
- Enable “Client OAuth Login”.
In field “Valid OAuth redirect URIs” enter a URL of the form
Replace mydomain.com with your website’s domain name.
- Save your changes.
- Go to “Settings” section and copy the vlues of “App ID” and “App Secret” fields.
- Log into your Webasyst backend and open Site app.
- In the website list, select the one for which you need to set up authorization via Facebook.
- Open section “Personal”.
- Enable authorization for the selected website.
If authorization is already enabled, then click “Auth & Sign Up settings”.
- Enable option “Third-party authorization”.
- Check the Facebook option.
- Paste the copied “App ID” and “App Secret” values into the provided fields.
- Save authorization settings using the button at the page bottom.
- Check how the authorization works:
- Open your website in a “private” browser window or tab. Or use another browser where you are not logged in your Webasyst backend or in Facebook.
- Click “Log in”.
- Click the Facebook icon.
- Type your Facebook authorization credentials.
- Upon data submission, the page will reload to show authorized user’s personal account on your website.
- Done! You have successfully set up authorization via Facebook on your website.
No comments yet.