Via Telegram plugin for CRM, messenger users can write messages to your bot, which will be displayed in your CRM’s “Messages” list. If needed, every message can be converted into a new deal.
How to set this up:
- In CRM backend open section “Plugins”. Install “Telegram” plugin.
- In section “Settings → Deal sources” add a new source for Telegram.
- In “Name” field enter any name for a message source. It will be visible only CRM backend.
- Create a bot in Telegram. To do so, find a bot named BotFather in the messenger.
- Send the following command to the bot:
- BotFather will ask you for a name of your new bot. Enter the name, which will be visible to your customers in Telegram; e.g.:
My CRM bot
- BotFather will ask you for a username of your bot. Think of a username ending with bot; e.g., My_crm_telegram_bot or MycrmtelegramBot. If you type a username taken by another Telegram user, BotFather will tell you so.
Iin that case type another username.
- Upon sending an acceptable username to BotFather, you will receive your new bot’s details from it, including an access token.
Copy the token and paste to “Access token” field in CRM source settings.
- If necessary, edit default response to the /start command in CRM source settings. This response will be shown to Telegram users on first contact to yor bot.
- If necessary, enable additional options in CRM source settings:
- Select segments to add Telegram users to, which will be writing messages to your bot.
- Enable creation of new deals from messages received via Telegram.
- Select a responsible user or a user group in your Webasyst account to be assigned for new contacts corresponding to Telegram users.
- Save CRM source settings.
Done! From now on, Telegram users can send messages directly to your CRM via a bot and receive your response in their messenger.
Try to send a test message and see how it looks in your CRM’s “Messages” section.