With Facebook plugin for CRM, users of the social network can send you messages, which will appear in CRM’s “Messages” section. If you need, every new message can create a new deal or be attached to an existing deal.
How to set this up:
- In CRM backend, open “Plugins” section and install “Facebook” plugin.
- In section “Settings → Deal sources” add a new Facebook source.
- Keep the source settings tab in your browser open.
- In a new tab, log into Facebook.
- Create a public Facebook page.
- Enter a page name and select its category.
- When you have finished creating a page, its profile will open. Add a button to the page via which Facebook users will send messages to your CRM.
- Click “Add a Button”.
- In the button setup dialog, on step 1 select “Contact you → Send Message”.
- On step 2 select “Messenger”.
- Complete the button setup.
- Open the Facebook apps management page. Add a new app.
- Enter an app name and an email address via which Facebook administration will be able to contact you regarding your app’s operation and use.
- Open section “Settings → Basic”. Complete these fields:
— App Icon: upload an image file.
— Category: select an appropriate category for your type of business.
— Business Use: select an appropriate option for your type of business.
Save these changes.
- Open to “Products” section and select “Messenger” using its “Set Up” button.
On the Messenger’s setup screen, scroll down to “Access Tokens” section and click “Add or Remove Pages”.
Confirm access to the selected page.
Select the created page.
Confirm the selection of permissions for the selected page.
Complete the page adding using “OK” button.
The just added page will appear in the “Access Tokens” section. Click “Generate Token” next to its name.
In the token-generation dialog, enable the “I Understand” option and click “Copy” to copy the token to the clipboard.
- Open Webasyst backend in a separate browser tab, proceed to Site app, and check that its “Structure” section contains a rule for CRM app. Add a rule for CRM if there is none. Use crm/* address for the new rule, for instance.
- In CRM app’s deal source settings, paste the access token into “Page access marker” field copied from Facebook app settings.
- Save deal source settings in CRM. Right after that new fields will appear on the page — “Callback URL” and “Verification marker”. Copy their values.
- Return to the browser tab with Facebook app settings and proceed to webhooks settings using “Add Callback URL” button.
- In fields “Callback URL” and “Verify Token” paste the values copied from CRM deal source settings.Click “Verify and Save”.
- In section “Access Tokens”, click “Generate Token” again.
- Copy the new token, paste it to the corresponding CRM deal source settings field instead of the old token and save deal source settings.
- Return to the browser tab with Facebook Messenger’s webhooks settings, and click “Add Subscriptions” next to the added page’s name.
- In the pop-up dialog, enable “messages” option and save the settings.
- If necessary, do the following in the CRM source settings:
- Select segments to add Facebook users to, which will be writing messages to you.
- Enable creation of new deals from incoming messages.
- Select a responsible user or a user group in your Webasyst account to be assigned for newly added contacts corresponding to Facebook users.
- Publish the Facebook app for all users. Toggle the status switch to “Live”.Perform other actions which may be required by Facebook to make your app go live.
Done! From now on, Facebook users can send you messages using a button on the CRM page in Facebook. Those messages will be automatically imported into your CRM. Try to send a test message and see how it looks in your CRM’s “Messages” section.
1. Obtaining personal data from a User
On initial access by a User to the App, a limited amount of User’s personal data automatically become available to the Author, which are hereinafter referred to as “Basic personal data”. In addition to that, the App’s functionality enables a User to send other their personal data to the Author, which are hereinafter referred to as “Extra personal data”. The Policy governs the use of Basic personal data and does not govern the use of Extra personal data. Further in this Policy, User’s personal data are understood only as their Basic personal data unless explicitly stated otherwise.
The Author obtains the following personal data from a User:
- first name,
- last name,
- main image (userpic).
2. Use of personal data
User’s personal data are used by the Author’s staff to identify a User in the App’s backend interface and automatically generate personalized messages to be sent by Author to User.
3. Transfer of personal data to third parties
The Author undertakes to protect and not to transfer User’s personal data to third parties with the exception of the following cases:
- publication or transfer of personal data as required by the applicable law of [COUNTRY NAME],
- transfer of personal data to another legal person in case of termination of business activity by the Author required to maintain the functionality of the App,
- transfer of personal data after obtaining written consent from a User by email or via User’s online account on Author’s website www.domain.com.
4. Settlement of disputes
Any disagreements between a User and the Author related to the processing of a User's personal data by the Author during the use of the App are governed by the provisions of the Policy and the legislation of [COUNTRY NAME].
5. Age limitation
A User is allowed to access the App only if they have reached the age of 18 years. Underage Users may access the App only on the consent or under the supervision of their official guardians.
6. Amendments to the Policy
The Author may make changes to the Policy at any time without prior notification of a User. In case of changes made to the provisions of the Policy, the Author must notify a User about all such changes by publishing information on the Author’s website www.domain.com or by sending an email notification to a User. Updated provisions of the Policy will come into force as of the moment of such publication or of sending such an email notification.
7. User support
The Author undertakes to provide qualified response to each of a User’s support requests, relating to the processing of their personal data while using the App, without unnecessary delay. A User must send such support requests to the Author via their online account on the Author’s website www.domain.com.