If you see that something is not working properly on a web page; e.g., some links or buttons do not correctly respond to your clicks, or list elements are not sortable, or files cannot be uploaded to the server, there is a simple method to obtain diagnostic information about such an error which can lead you to a solution.
To get diagnostic information, use the developer console tool available in your browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera.
Below are provided key shortcuts for some popular web browsers for quickly opening the error console:
FirefoxWindows/Linux: Ctrl + Shift + K
Mac OS: Cmd + Shift + K
ChromeWindows/Linux: Ctrl + Shift + J
Mac OS: Cmd + Shift + J
Internet ExplorerF12, then Ctrl + 2
How to obtain and use diagnostic information
- Launch your browser.
- Open the error console in its window.
- In the same window (tab), open the website or Webasyst backend page on which an error occurs.
- Perform the action which results in an error.
- Copy the latest message from the error console.
- Search the contents of the error message in Webasyst Help Center to find relevant information, or send the error message to the support team via your Customer Center.