Payment for orders placed in Shop-Script can be accepted via payment system PayPal by means of a plugin which you can install using the Installer app. The plugin is available in Webasyst Store at http://www.webasyst.com/store/plugin/payment/paypal/.
Here is what you need to begin accepting payments in Shop-Script via PayPal:
1. Signup for a business PayPal account
Open the “Business” section on the PayPal website and click on “Get Started” under the “Standard” option. Complete the signup form and submit your details.
The business account approval process may require several steps such as providing bank account information, etc.
Tip: If you already have a personal PayPal account, it is advisable to obtain a separate account for accepting payments, even though PayPal offers an opportunity to upgrade an existing one to the business level. Obtaining a separate PayPal business account will allow you to specify your corporate information in the account details which will help you to build stronger customer confidence.
2. Install the plugin
Upon registration, install the payment plugin: open the Installer app in your backend, find the “PayPal” plugin using the search field, and click the “Install” button.
3. Add a payment method in Shop-Script
Open your Shop-Script backend, navigate to “Settings → Payment” screen, and select “PayPal” in the drop-down menu in the top-right corner.
On the plugin settings page, enter the desired title and description as they should appear to customers during checkout.
Specify the following parameters:
- For the in-cart checkout:
- select the types of customers to whom this payment method must be available,
- select the shipping types for which this payment method must be available.
- Select the shipping methods for which this payment method must be available.
- Enter your PayPal account email address.
- In the list of currencies set up in your store, select those supported in your PayPal account.
- If you are new to accepting payments via PayPal, enable the sandbox mode to place several test orders and see how the module works. Once testing has been completed, disable the sandbox mode to accept payments from real customers.
- Copy the IPN URL and save it in your PayPal account settings. It will be used to automatically update the order status as customer payments will be processed by the gateway.
Done! Now you can begin to accept payments via PayPal.